These low cost strategies to make your Northern Virginia home more appealing are sure to have your potential buyers saying WOW! Plus these tips are quick and easy.
1. Mow the lawn, trim the bushes, pull weeds and lightly mulch the flowerbeds
2. Purchase a new doormat.
3. Add a bright pot of flowers (or even a small evergreen in winter) on your front porch.
4. Replace any old, tarnished doorknobs on your doors and polish or replace your house numbers.
5. Power-wash your driveway, sidewalk, and the exterior siding of your home.
6. Wash your windows.
7. Add a new mailbox or paint your old one (if allowed by HOA)
8. Upgrade the outdoor lighting for a feeling of safety ( buyers drive by your home at night too)
9. Clean your gutters.
Depending on the season there may be more tips to think about. If your house is for sale in the winter making sure the sidewalk and driveway are shoveled and safe for walking is a must.
Listen to real estate expert Barbara Corcoran's tips on getting your home ready to sell.